Monday, 12 November 2007

Tuesday - 131107

It is almost 4.30pm in Melbourne. I have been out and about since 10.30am. Given the weather has got hotter and hotter as the day has progressed, I am now officially exhausted! I've just been to collect my ticket for tonight's show and once I have typed this I am going to have a lie down.

As I suspected, my camera has been doing overtime. Indeed, there are now less than 10 minutes battery life left on it so I'll need to charge it for tomorrow.

Melbourne is nothing like Sydney. It feels a lot less British than Sydney does and the weather is different - the ozone must be thicker here than in Sydney because although it has been very warm the heat is not as burning as it is in Sydders and last night got quite chilly when I went out for a walk.

I happened on an arts centre during that walk. There is a big Jewish Film Festival here for the next few weeks. Sadly, I shalln't be able to see any of the films but I did get the listing so I shall be able to try and get them on Amazon Rental.

I'm not going to give a running commentary on what I have seen because, not only is my internet account due to terminate in 14 minutes, I shall be uploading the photographs in due course. That said, I would say that the most impressive things I have seen so far are the Shrine of Remembrance, the Queen Victoria Memorial and above these, and indeed above all others, to quote Dame Shirley, the George V Memorial. It is stunning!

No comments: