Opposite to what was forecast, it has been another glorious day so it was to the Blue Mountains. Colin's friend, James, was driving us. We met him at 9am and did not return until 6pm so we are exhausted!
I've uploaded some pictures of the day featuring yours truly and the Sun. There are more pictures to be uploaded in due course. No photographs, however, can do the Blue Mountains justice. They are too, too stunning. I wonder how the first Europeans who saw them reacted to such spectacular views.
We took lunch at the Blue Mountains town of Katoomba. I sat down, looked up and there on the wall was a cover of a Dame Shirley album! There was also a Cilla Black album sleeve!
Before departing I confirmed my flight to Melbourne with VirginBlue. I shall be there this time tomorrow. The hotel I am staying in is just round the corner from the theatre where 'Priscilla' is on and is very central.
The picture below those of today was taken on Saturday night after our meal out. We went to the local French restaurant. The food was magnificent and the atmosphere of the place was very European. I did not take my camera so there aren't any pictures of the event.
I don't know when next I shall be able to blog but there's plenty on already for you to be going on with!
Sunday, 11 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment