A night in on Saturday. We watched 'The Singer' and were privileged to witness the most fantastic electrical storm - the flashes of lightening went on for ages.
Happily, the forecast stormy conditions for Sunday did not transpire - as you can see from the view from the lounge above.
Given the weather, we took a bus to Bondi beach and then walked round to Bronte beach. On the way we passed an arts feature - lots of sculptures. I've photographed some.
No sooner were we at Bronte than I was in the sea and Colin was in the sun warming up. The waves grew higher and higher and it was great fun getting caught up in them. Great fun but also occasionally painful: I fell quite heavily on my backside and also scrapped my left shoulder along the seabed - I bet it is throbbing in the morning. I was also landed on underwater by a tall, blond Australian gentleman after one of the waves got hold of us. Indeed.
At first, I tried to battle the waves. Of course, I always failed to beat them. In the end I decided to go with them - the feeling of exhiliration as the sea carried me on was fantastic! As the pictures show, I enjoyed myself!
I broke time in the sea with quite a bit of sun bathing - evidence attached.
Having spent enough time in the sun and sea, we took the bus back to the apartment. A vodka and tonic later, we are now in the internet cafe. Not sure what we are doing this evening but for tomorrow we have planned the Diana exhibition, the aquarium and the zoo.
Busy, busy, busy - just like Princess Margaret.
Sunday, 4 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment