Monday, 5 November 2007

Monday - 051107

Am knackered! We've had a very busy day: the Diana exhibition, the aquariam and the zoo. All this followed by a lovely tapas meal.

The Diana exhibition was wonderful, of course. It is as moving to see it here as it was to see it at Althorp. It is still almost unbearably sad to see the cine camera footage of her as a child knowing what life was to hold for her. And the wedding room is also very moving - lots of footage of the ceremony. In one respect it is better here than at Althorp for here the train is fully extended whereas in England it is curled round in front of the dress. Various pictures attached although sadly we were not allowed to take any in the exhibition itself.

Then on to the aquarium. This was fantastic - especially the shark tank. I tried to use my credit card to purchase some items. It was declined; thus I have had a slightly fraught conversation with HSBC this evening. They will be getting a letter from me when I get back about this year of shocking service I have had from them.

From the aquarium on the ferry to the zoo. Various pictures attached. The Koalas were the best bit of the whole visit. In one of the pens two of them were fighting - amazing to see them be so vicious and move so quickly!

Not sure what I am doing tomorrow - it will all depend on the weather.

No comments: