Monday, 22 October 2007

Preparations

Here is a little update on my preparations - well the non-pharmaceutical ones anyway.

Saturday saw me purchase some items for the plane and some items for my feet. Yes, I am the proud owner of some shoes from Russell and Bromley of Bond Street.

On Sunday, I telephoned the person who is putting me up - to say nothing for putting up with me - for three weeks. He advised me that on the Tuesday after I arrive he is moving into a penthouse! Two weeks in a penthouse! His abode is just round the corner from Hyde Park - how much at home I shall feel! - and St Mary's Cathedral.

Apparently, there is an exhibition being held about the late Princess of Wales. It includes her wedding dress, other clothing and memorabilia - all on tour from Althorp! So that's a must visit place.

My prospective landlord also informed me that he is suffering from mumps. I hope they are not contagious - as I said to him the last thing I want is any swelling in the Southern Hemisphere...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEETY! Not the mumps!!! Do be careful, Dear.
I only wanted to say that I have neglected to pen down the time of your departure tomorrow, so I shall wave you off today instead. Here's hoping your journey is complete with smooth flight, even smoother co-passengers and delightful liquid refreshments.
Bon Voyage!!!
Much love,
Joanne.
XxXxX